From clothes and jewelry to drinkware, skating gear, and functional presents, the options are endless for skating gift ideas.
Growing up as someone who was always roller skating-obsessed, it was inevitable that I ended up with a group of friends that also loved to skate. So, every birthday or Christmas, we would desperately look for skating-related gifts to give each other. Unfortunately, back then, this kind of merch was rare.
Now that roller skating is back with full force, numerous companies have capitalized on the reemergence. As such, there are more gift ideas to select from than before. Still, it can be tricky to come up with ideas or narrow down what you should be giving to your friends – but this is where I come in.
I have gone through a number of the most popular roller skating items on the market to compile this list. You can find a wide variety of gifts for skaters of all ages, and fitting different styles!
Below are some top roller skating gift options for all your fellow skaters:
Table of Contents Hide
Gifting clothing can be tricky because you have each person’s individual style to think about. But I’ve listed below some ideas to make it work.
Most of the roller skating t-shirts I have found tend to be pretty basic. As a result, it is easy for anyone to dress them up or down according to their own personal style.
Let’s take a look at some of the top categories for t-shirts.
It feels like retro and roller skating will be forever linked. Even today, there is a strong disco vibe about the sport. So, if you have a friend who loves all things retro or whose roller skating aesthetic follows this style, here are some options:
This Groove t-shirt is great for when you want to have a roller skating element, but don’t want to go overboard. The t-shirt is chic and incredibly versatile.
In case the recipient loves vintage and distressed, I would suggest these designs:
- Old School Seventies and Eighties Vintage Hipster Design. If you know someone who was born in the 80’s or the 90’s that loves to disco this is the perfect treat. If you were a carhop waiter or waitress back then this will give you a nostalgia feeling.
- Wear this to the skating rink or park. Give this to your father, mother, grandfather or grandmother who loves roller skating. This iconic street skater design will give you a groovy and funky nostalgic feeling. Give this to someone who loves rollerblades
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Roller Skater Girl with Boom Box T-Shirt. Get this Chic Roller Skating Sexy Knee Highs Vintage 1980's Throwback Graphic Tees. Get back in the roller rink for a ride back to the 70s or 80s, great for clubs, if you like retro clothes, you'll love this shirt.
- This 80's t-shirt is great to top off an eighties halloween costume or wear to a fun retro theme party. Put on your roller skates, play your favorite disco, electro, techno, house or music and dance! This 80s clothing goes with all the themes of the 1980's
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
If your friend or family member loves roller skating slogans, you are in luck. There are plenty that sport all types of roller-skating related phrases. Here are the top ones to check out:
If the gift recipient has a great sense of humor and loves making other people laugh, these hysterical t-shirts are going to be an excellent present:
When shopping for t-shirts, get the recipients dimensions rather than just the size. This includes shoulder width, size around the chest, etc. You will then find it a lot easier to find the perfect fit.
Also check whether a particular t-shirt has been designed for men or women. Keep in mind that mens t-shirts tend to be wider around the shoulders but narrower around the chest. As such, they may not automatically be a good fit for all women.
If you roller skate, you know just how important socks can be. They keep your feet well-protected and with the right design, can completely elevate your look. So, buying a cool pair of socks is an excellent idea for anyone who loves roller skating.
Here a few options to choose from, depending on what kind of present you are going for:
If the gift recipient is all about performance, these Rollerblade Skate socks are going to be an excellent present. They are thick and soft, to ensure that your feet remain comfortable inside your skates. They are also moisture-wicking which makes them ideal for either warm weather or long rides.
Want both flair as well as comfort with your skating socks? If so, these Color Flow skate socks will work nicely. While they have been designed for figure skating, they work just as well for roller skating. Since they are so thick, they work especially well to keep chafing at bay. The classy colors are also great for making a style statement.
Is your friend or family member all about the style element? Then they are sure to love the following options:
If they have a sense of humor or like to showcase their bold personality, these socks may be more up their alley:
- (3 Pair) Knee High Foot Socks Rainbow Color, 1 Pink Glitter Skate Design, 1 Purple Glitter Skate Design, 1 White Glitter Skate Design
- Colorful Magical Unicorn Fairytale Glitter Sparkle Roller Derby Socks
- Stretchy Soft Fabric
- Premium textured sparkle shine glitter flake
- Youth Socks for Girls ages 8-12 years old.
- QUIRKY DESIGN - Dinosaur-covered pink knee highs prove one thing; dinos just want to have fun! Sure, they're terrifying, but who could be scared of a T-Rex in skates? Nobody. Even if it does make them faster and more agile. Um. Anyway, just roll with it.
- STYLISH AND ADORABLE - Your toes will be cozy in these eye-catching, thick, comfy socks. Everyone will notice these super cute T-riffic roller skating socks.
- DURABLE, SOFT, AWESOME - These Tyran-errific knee-highs are made in Korea from 54% polyester, 43% cotton, 3% spandex.
When buying socks, always take the recipient’s measurements for comparison. Once again, you shouldn’t just trust sizes alone as they can vary from one manufacturer to another. To ensure that you get a good fit, look for socks that are known for being true to size.
Another thing to think about is the length of the socks. Every skater has their own preference about how high they want their socks to go. For some, they are looking for those that end just above their ankle or mid-calf.
Others prefer socks that go all the way up to their knees. Then, there are skaters that prefer thigh-high socks. Thus, it is always good to check in with the recipient’s preferred length.
Furthermore, take their height into account as well. For instance, if you are shopping for a taller individual, you will need longer socks. Conversely, you will require shorter socks for someone who is more petite.
Do you want your gift to be meaningful or perhaps, a little more tasteful? This is often true when you are looking for presents for a close friend or relative. In this case, jewelry is an excellent option. It is also something that the recipient can wear at any time.
If they like a little bling, they will love these jewel studded necklaces. For a subtler option, this Inspired Silver has clear jewels for the roller skate pendant.
The Coco Jewelry necklace has a bolder and brighter pendant for those souls that love to shine.
Of course, there is nothing quite like a customized necklace. This Holly Road necklace has a roller skate pendant, along with a small heart. You can mention the letter that you would like inscribed for the recipient and it will be stamped on.
Want to kick the sentimentality up a notch? Consider this Mom and Three Daughters necklace. Not only does it come with a gorgeous skate pendant, there is also a bar pendant with a beautiful phrase for all women to live by. It is a great present for a close friend or a young female relative.
Looking for matching earrings for your Inspired Silver necklace? Then, these earrings are just the companion pieces you need.
The Coco Jewelry jewel studded earrings may not be a perfect fit for the necklaces, but they are certainly a sparkly and beautiful affair nonetheless.
Of course, there is a good chance that the gift recipient prefers something more fun or costumey-looking. In this case, the Clest F&H dangle earrings offer excellent details as well as a retro vibe.
The Graphics & MORE have a spunkier theme with the slogan, Keep Rollin On.
In case you are looking for jewelry for a child, these Pink Enamel earrings will be perfect. Not only are they colorful and cute, they are also studs. This means that they will be a lot less fussy for a child to wear.
Bracelets and Charms
I have to admit that skate-related bracelets and charms are my favorite kind of jewelry. To begin with, there are so many options to choose from. Then, there is also the fact that the designs are truly gorgeous and there is something to fit everyone’s personal taste.
Is it a special occasion and do you want to go all out? Then, check out this ICE CARATS sterling silver, enameled charm. The quality and the detail is impeccable, making it a gift that is sure to be cherished.
This sterling silver charm is also an excellent memento and is great if you want something a little subtle or classic.
This Inspired Silver charm may be a more cost-effective option, but it certainly doesn’t look like it. It is a beautiful roller skating charm.
For a bracelet that is delicate but easy to wear, check out the Infinity Collection roller skating bracelet. Best of all, it can be customized to suit anyone’s style.
Will your recipient prefer something a little more casual or grungy? This braided Infinity Collection bracelet will do the trick. It is also quite unique, which is an added bonus.
Let’s face it, theme-based drinkware isn’t going anywhere. Roller skating- themed mugs and tumblers are great for personal use. It is also a fun way to give people a heads up about your favorite hobby.
I would suggest this as an accompaniment gift for a close friend or relative. If you are looking for a present for someone you don’t know all that well, a mug can be the perfect gift. It is thoughtful because it is related to their favorite hobby. At the same time, you don’t have to worry about choosing something they may not like. It is a win-win situation.
Mugs with Images
If you want to keep your love of roller skating subtle, then check out these options with cute designs on them:
- Saviola Roller Skating Mug
- 3dRose Roller Skating Mug
- TALOGEM Vintage Roller Skating Mug
- Retro Roller Disco Mug
Mugs with Sayings
Does your friend or family member love roller skating? Are they also known for their funny or sarcastic sense of humor? If so, these mugs will make their day:
- Keep Calm and Skate On
- I Love My Boyfriend More Than Roller Skating… Yes He Bought Me This Mug
- Let the Good Times Roll
- I Roller Skate So I Won’t Stab People
- All I Care About is Roller Skating… And Maybe 3 People
- I Might Be Obsessed with Skating
- Talk Derby to Me
- I’m a Very Nice Person When I’m Not Playing Roller Derby
- I Roller Skate… Because Punching People is Frowned On
- Roller Skating Because That’s Way More Fun Than Work
If you feel like mugs are a little too common, you can select a cute tumbler instead. They are also a great gift for the person who is always on the go.
- Roller Derby All Wheels No Balls
- Just a Girl Who Loves Roller Skating
- Easily Distracted by Roller Skating
- If I Can’t Wear My Roller Skates I’m Not Going
- I Enjoy Long Romantic Walks to the Roller Skating Rink
- Skating is My Super Power
- The Roller Rink is My Happy Place
4. Safety Gear
Gone are the days when roller skating gear was boring and utilitarian. These days, an increasing number of companies are producing gear that is both cool as well as functional. So, if your friend or family member needs an upgrade in this department, it is a cool gift idea.
Not to mention, what better way to show that you care? This Spofine pink and grey set do more than just protect your body, it also ensures that you look incredibly chic. Cute and understated, this gear will work with any outfit you want to throw together.
If you think they would prefer something cool and understated, this Gonex set would be a better fit. It is sleek, and the cool-looking back means that the wearer is always going to look professional.
Skating Gift Ideas – Conclusion
There are a ton of ideas for you to consider when shopping for skating-related gifts. So, it doesn’t matter who you are shopping for, you will be able to find a good fit every time.
The only thing left to do is to have fun choosing the perfect gift.
Last update on 2021-08-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API